Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Do yourself a favor and grab this game while it's free

DPKYvLuW0AEUKUD.jpg:large

https://www.gog.com/game/mdk

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got it this summer. It was one of those games i couldnt get as a kid.

Grab it now people!

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most confusing games I played as a kid, couldn't pass the first level after the super weird parachute intro

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Holy crap, I just saw that it's 20 years old already, that means it's been at least 18-19 years since I've played it the last time.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
You know molyneux gets all the shit but Dave Perry told some doozies too.

This game was actually pretty good but damn did I have some expectations going in. There was a big feature in edge that made this sound more like what deus ex would later be.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Grabbed, thanks OP!
I always loved MDK (played the PC demo a ton way back when) but I was never able to play the full game, so thanks very much once again.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I played and loved the demo of this back in the day, but I never got the full game. I'll give it a shot later.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I remember having to choose between this game and a magazine with a demo disc the day I got my Playstation. I picked the demo disc and never looked back.

What's so good about MDK ?

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really loved MDK and its strange designs and atmosphere. It was a unique game for its time.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I love this game. It's been so long since I played it on PC. I first tried it out on a PC Gamer demo disc (while Coconut Monkey was still their mascot) that I played on my sister's IBM Thinkpad while she was in town for the holiday.

I played it on both PC and PS1. PS1 version was definitely a step down, but still pretty rad.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, MDK appears to not be working on GOG Galaxy and for me it only works if I launch Directly

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Now I remember this game.I played it ages ago and hated it.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
MDK is a bit hard to play these days, but its sequel, MDK2 is just amazing. Love it to death and would suggest anyone to check it out too.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I already own it but I'd encourage anyone to make use of this offer and give the game a try. MDK didn't get the credit it deserved at release. Loved the zany humour, outstanding soundtrack, the long zoom on the sniper rifle, that level made up of reflective surfaces and just the general fun of strafing around shooting enemy hoards.

Didn't like MDK2 quite as much because the best levels in the series where the Kurt ones and adding 2 more playable characters with different gameplay diluted that.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss.

I remember having so much fun with this game as a kid, it was the most impressive graphics I have seen at the time. Used to play it a lot with my best friend, it was our favorite PC game.

However, we weren't able to finish it. Time to correct this.

Thanks a lot!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
On PS1, I think this was the first analog-compatible game I played, the controller for which even predated the Dual-Shock 1. It was an official, but specifically non-rumble analog controller.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
At the time, the only consistent theory I heard was "Murder Death Kill," but that may have literally been made up for the Congressional hearings on video game violence.
I believe Murder Death Kill was the working title as I remember early previews at the time referring to it. I think later they just said it stood for Max Doc Kurt

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I believe Murder Death Kill was the working title as I remember early previews at the time referring to it. I think later they just said it stood for Max Doc Kurt

I feel like they solidified that in MDK 2, because of them being playable. I'd forgotten about that name.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Still own the physical PC version, but will definitely get this as well. Such a shame this series is dead, would be interesting to see a modern take on it, or even a remake of MDK1.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The dog part was way too hard,the controls where inverted or something,without an option to change them...or it was one of the first dual analog stick game that Halo made almost universal later on...? I cant remmber but there was a part where you had to jet pack up a tube or something while shooting ennemies and I just couldnt do it...was enjoying it until then though.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
One of my all time favourite games, just nothing quite like it (even the sequel didn't quite get the style right, despite being a solid game).

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I really enjoyed MDK2 way back on the Dreamcast, but missed PC gaming back when the first one came out. Is it similar in tone?