Picea abies 'Soft Mountain
Larix kaemp. 'Wolterdingen'
Pinus parv. 'Aoi'
Pinus peuce 'Arnold Dwarf' ,,,,,above from C K

Picea engelman 'Bush's Lace' Sing Tree Gardens

Comments (13)

• mblan13
    9 years ago

Sure do PK! It's like Christmas for grown-ups!
    I got mine in the mail today from CK, I got a 'Bush's Lace' as well, gorgeous tree, that! I love that 'Aoi' too. I have limited space, so I go for the more columnar trees.
    I also a Picea Orientalis 'Skylands' at my local nursery this past Saturday. I didn't get to plant them though, I have to move a Hosta, Huchera, 2 Japanese Forest Grasses and a Butterfly Bush.
    UGH!...Perhaps I'll just get out the flame thrower...alittle bit of ash is good for newly planted trees, isn't it?

• severnside
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good picks Ronster. Straight in the ground?

They all have a nice metallic blue/green shimmer.

• severnside
    9 years ago

Bump

• plantkiller_il_5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dabump bump

what do you mean straight in the ground ?

mblan , do you have 'Aoi' ? any pics ?

flame thrower,,,ha

ron

• severnside
    9 years ago

What I mean Ron, is if you look closely, your new additions are in Mother Earth not the pots new arrivals are usually in. So methinks you did some planting.

• mblan13
    9 years ago

Ron, I don't have one but it was on my list of could be's. If my yard were a little bigger or had a little more full sun, I would have gotten one.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

nice ....

seem to have a blue thing going with this group ...

my vaul-ter-ding-en ... emphasis on ter ... died... i never cleaned it out ... and eventually it smothered itself .... best name ever.. if you say it my way .. lol ... name of some road in either dutchland.. or germany .. that the founders nursery is on ... if .. and thats a big IF ... i recall properly ...

ken

• wannabegardnr
    9 years ago

That bush's lace is beautiful and I see more interesting things behind it. You should post some wider shots for us.

• plantkiller_il_5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

sev, I like to get things in ground asap,,,but missed out whole weekend a week ago,,,got sick,,had to force myself outside to plant 'Lace,,,came with no pot,,,,finished this weekend

anyone know how to pronounce Aoi,,,,,ouwee ?

vaulterdingen it is , ken , thanks for the cleaning out tip

ron

• sc77 (6b MA)
    9 years ago

Really nice choices Ron. I just picked up an iseli 1g Larix kaemp. 'Wolterdingen'... It's just starting to leaf out now, the blue tones are excellent. I love blue conifers, always a struggle to purchase green ones, even though I know I need them to create nice contrast... I've been on a bluest "pines" kick lately. I've concluded I need to get Pinus flexilis 'Cesarini Blue' and Pinus parviflora 'Cleary'... about as blue as pines get.

Your 'Bush's Lace' sort of looks like a cross between 'Bush's Lace' and 'Snake'... pretty cool.

• plantkiller_il_5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

the "Lace" came from sing tree,,,3 gal. ,,,32 in,,,50bucks

sc , really like the blues,,,but gotta have contrast,,,,liked the 'Soft Mountain'description at C K,,nice green

wannabe ,suppose I will later post

ron

just realized houzz times are west coast,,,for what it's whorth

• ladylotus
    9 years ago

Great looking new plants. I wish my Bush's Lace was that big. I'm having trouble with deer eating off the new buds so I will have to put tomato cases around them for awhile. Looks like you are having some varmint problems too with all yours caged?

• plantkiller_il_5
    Original Author
    9 years ago

feral cats , living on our deck , keep messing with the planting hills,,,gotta keep them fenced for a year to make sure they are settled in

picked up some scat cat stuff ,,,,will see how it works

ron