IGNORED

Is this all Marlboro Go does?

Stun Runner 87

Ok, I completed first track.

Then the crew runs up cheering.

And then a message comes on screen.

It days, "your doing great" as if I'm about to go to the next track level.

No matter what button I press, all it does is go back to title screen, then same track.

Is that it?

Does this cart have the whole game on it, was it originally an unfinished game, was this game intended to be a practical joke, or is there a complete version somewhere?.

This can't be all there is to this game.

I heard that this game was originally some sort of Marlboro promotional game or prize in the 1990s over seas.

LoL, it seems more like a tease than a prize.

Maybe its a last place consilation prize, or punishment for losing a contest.

Marlbiro Go has decent graphics.

Its a Shame, because it has potential to be a fun game more like Excite Bike, only with better graphics of course.

It would be a decent game if there were other tracks with more scenery, more obstacles, hills, and opponents to race.

Maybe even holes and other things to jump over.

Is this a demo, incomplete, or us there another version out there?

post-33151-0-52851600-1478404733_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stun Runner 87

I do recall that one of the problems with this game (and why it is incomplete)is that you can't include tobacco references in a products aimed at children but, in answer to your question, yes that really is it. In all my plays through of this game/demo I've yet to discover any more to it. Anyone else?

• Like 1

Ok, I completed first track.

Then the crew runs up cheering.

And then a message comes on screen.

It days, "your doing great" as if I'm about to go to the next track level.

No matter what button I press, all it does is go back to title screen, then same track.

Is that it?

Does this cart have the whole game on it, was it originally an unfinished game, was this game intended to be a practical joke, or is there a complete version somewhere?.

This can't be all there is to this game.

I heard that this game was originally some sort of Marlboro promotional game or prize in the 1990s over seas.

LoL, it seems more like a tease than a prize.

Maybe its a last place consilation prize, or punishment for losing a contest.

Marlbiro Go has decent graphics.

Its a Shame, because it has potential to be a fun game more like Excite Bike, only with better graphics of course.

It would be a decent game if there were other tracks with more scenery, more obstacles, hills, and opponents to race.

Maybe even holes and other things to jump over.

Is this a demo, incomplete, or us there another version out there?

That's the only version I know of - It was just really short as part of their marketting campaign. I think they had a stall setup somewhere with a themed Lynx (red and white) and that game as played by people in competition or something.

That's the only version I know of - It was just really short as part of their marketting campaign. I think they had a stall setup somewhere with a themed Lynx (red and white) and that game as played by people in competition or something.

I seen pics of the all red and white Lynx in Google images. I also saw a link in an old post in one if these forums. The link was to an eBay auction where the Custum Red White shelled Lynx. It was very very high priced. Edited by Stun Runner 87

The size of the game is 150k. Half of the cart is empty. Obviously the developers were just rushing out a small game according to specs.

Its too bad the programmers didn't make it a complete game, especially since no motorcycle or dirtbike games ever came out for the Lynx.

?

Edited by Stun Runner 87

I seen pics of the all red and white Lynx in Google images. I also saw a link in an old post in one if these forums. The link was to an eBay auction where the Custum Red White shelled Lynx. It was very very high priced.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203163-mr-blands-handhelds/?p=2605009

• Like 1

It was just really short as part of their marketting campaign. I think they had a stall setup somewhere with a themed Lynx (red and white) and that game as played by people in competition or something.

Yes, thats right! :thumbsup:

The Marlboro Abenteuer (Adventure) Team was on trade fairs and held a contest on the Lynx(es) playing "Marlboro Go!". If you made it, you were given a price. So neither the red Lynx nor the Marlboro Go cart WERE the prices.

I remember seeing them twice in Germany. I think it was on a motorcycle trade fair in Dortmund.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The carton cover art pictured in this eBay listing is actually a print ad for the arcade game "Motocross Go!" with a red Atari logo at the bottom covering the original Namco logo (see print ad below). As far as I understand it Marlboro Go! was a pack-in game for the Marlboro Adventure Team edition of the Atari Lynx II console and thus was not available in any kind of carton. And the pcb/cart itself looks like it has a brand new label with the Marlboro logo that could have been easily lifted from the Internet.

Pardon the pun, but I would definitely steer away from this one, especially because this seller was discussed earlier today in this forum as a possible counterfeiter/bootlegger. Also, for what it's worth, the seller is in Copenhagen and does not ship to the US.

Caveat emptor!

motocross Go arcade game 813x1024

Edited by LynxHandyCaster
  • Like 2

It's also extremely overpriced for a modern (and unauthorized) reproduction. It's worth 30 pounds, tops.

My understanding is that the "originals" didn't have a case/box/whatever and came on these translucent hand-etched, numbered carts. https://atarigamer.com/lynx/game/MarlboroGo/556284748

• Like 1