• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro Boku No Natsuyasumi 2 has finally received an English fan translation (and is the first mainline installment to be translated in any form)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
DISCLAIMER: I have zero affiliation with Youtuber "Tim Rogers" and his channel "Action Button", i have not watched any of his videos, and any current and past threads by me that happen to discuss obscure titles previously mentioned on his channel (I.E. Tokimeki Memorial) are generally only linked by the fact we both recognize such projects as being historically important video games that were only launched in Japan.

(link to the patch)

this was at one point a major IP for Playstation in Japan, with 3 in particular serving as a graphical showpiece for the Playstation 3 in that region.
boku03.jpg

while the series died off shortly afterwards (with a 4th installment released on the PSP in 2009) it's spritual successors had much better luck getting officially localized. with the Kaiju-filled "Attack of the Friday Monsters!" and the licensed "Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation" both getting English translations within a year or two after they launched in Japan.
there's also been a more standard spiritual successor in the form of "Natsu-Mon! 20th Century Summer Vacation", but considering who published it, it seems unlikely it'll ever get localized. :/

also, for the record. that disclaimer isn't directed towards anyone on here. it's referencing a minor incident that happened on a Discord server.

Very cool, I've wanted to play one of these games since Tim Roger's review of the first one.

If that isn't one of the most charming/loving games ever, I honestly don't know what is.

Back
Top Bottom